The finished Oroi’io Madei Training Centre on the day of the opening
In your prayers this month you’re invited to pray for:
– The family and friends of Pastor Gabriel Sogimo, former LCA International Mission scholarship holder, who tragically drowned in Papua New Guinea, along with two of his children. Pray for God’s comfort and protection over his wife and two remaining children
– Giesa Panpan from Martin Luther Seminary in Lae and Peter Gigmai from Ogelbeng Seminary, Papua New Guinea who begin their Masters in Theology study online through the Garuna Foundation
– Christians in Myanmar who are poor, especially in rural areas, and have been displaced and denied access to food and healthcare because of their faith, due to the impact of the longest civil war in the world. Pray the church will be a source of hope, in the turmoil of Myanmar’s violent war
– Praise God for the completion of the Oroi’io Madei Training Centre in Ubuo village, a dedicated space in which Hanna Schulz and the Kope translation team is able to train Christians in Bible translation and about the Bible, to deepen their understanding
– The organisation and passion from Kaye Mathwin-Cox, Athalie McArdle, Janri Lauren, Ellyda Silalahi and those involved in the partnership between Unity College, Murray Bridge, SA and SMA HKBP Pamatangsiantar and SD HKBP Latihan Pemantangsiantar, Indonesia
– God’s peace for Burundi Pastor Emile Nkurunziza and his wife Violette, after the death of their new born baby in early January, that they may find hope in the promise of eternal life poured out in the waters of holy baptism
– Partnership co-ordinator Carilyn Trice, Pastor Jim Pietsch and the St. Paul’s Lutheran congregation, Wellington, NZ as they pray for and financially support the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Thailand Lua evangelists, who are sharing the love of Christ with those in their communities
Join us in prayer
Prayer is a vital part of engagement in God's mission. Through prayer we hear God's voice, and he helps us to see people and situations the way he does.
40 DAYS- A LENTEN DEVOTION AND PRAYER GUIDE
You are invited to join in God's mission by praying for (and with) our partners in mission during Lent.