In Australia we seek to partner locally with – people, congregations, districts and departments of the Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA). Beyond the borders of Australia the LCA continues to partner in mission and ministry with others, in ever widening circles. Beginning in Papua New Guinea more than a century ago, these partnerships have developed throughout South-East Asia and beyond. Through each of these relationships, the LCA also shares common mission and ministry connections with Lutheran churches from around the globe.
“We believe that by working together we can support the capacity of the local people to proclaim Jesus by word and deed. These partnerships enable us to achieve so much more than if we were doing it on our own” – Glenice Hartwich, Assistant to the Bishop – International Mission
Australian Lutheran World Service (ALWS)
ALWS is the overseas aid and resettlement agency of the Lutheran Church of Australia. ALWS and LCA International Mission, together with Lutheran Education Australia (LEA) join together in a range of programs specifically in Indonesia. Through these programs funded by generous grants from the Lutheran Laypeople’s League (LLL) they collaboratively seek to build the capacity of the partner Churches, particularly in the area of education and educational reform.
Lutheran Education Australia (LEA)
Lutheran Education Australia represents the Lutheran colleges, schools and early childhood centres of the Lutheran Church of Australia. Through a collaborative and consultative partnership with Australian Lutheran World Service (ALWS) and LCA International Mission and with generous funding from the LLL the Lutheran Church of Australia provides significant practical and financial support to strengthen the education and education reform of partner Churches particularly in Indonesia.
Lutheran Laypeople’s League (LLL)
LLL was established in 1921. The prime purpose of the LLL (Lutheran Laypeople’s League of Australia Incorporated) is to assist the Lutheran Church of Australia (LCA) in its mission and ministry of spreading the good news of Jesus Christ. The LLL operates savings accounts for LCA members and supporters who wish to assist LCA organisations.
The LLL, through the support of its depositors provide funds which are applied for use across the wide range of mission and ministries carried out by the congregations, Districts and national departments of the LCA.
Significant funding given by the LLL more recently has enable the LCA International Mission in collaboration with Australian Lutheran World Service (ALWS) and Lutheran Education Australia (LEA) to assist overseas partner churches in Indonesia to strengthen and build their institutional capacity particularly in the area of education and education reform.
Lutheran Women of Australia (LWA)
LWA and LCA International Mission have been partners in mission over many years. The generous donations of the LWA have had great impact and effect, and enable God’s mission and ministry to reach people and places that we may never go individually. The financial gifts of LWA work in practical ways as well as theological ways, through orphanages, scholarships, and touching the lives of disabled and disadvantaged people with the love of Jesus Christ. Over these many years LWA support has been applied across a broad spectrum of ministries through the LCA International Mission and their overseas partner churches. In the last triennium (2009- 2012) the financial support given by the LWA has exceeded $240,000. The LCA International Mission gives thanks to God for LWA and this inspiring partnership in mission.
- Lutheran World Mission, Cambodia (LWM)
- Gereja Kristen Luther Indonesia (GKLI)
- Gereja Kristen Protestan Angkola (GKPA)
- Gereja Kristen Protestan Indonesia (GKPI)
- Gereja Kristen Protestan Mentawai (GKPM)
- Gereja Kristen Protestan Simalungun (GKPS)
- Huria Kristen Batak Protestan (HKBP), Huria Kristen Indonesia (HKI)
- LWF National Committee Indonesia
- Sekolah Tinggi Theologi (Seminary) HKBP (STT-HKBP)
- Abdi Sabda Seminary (STT Abdi Sabda)
- Basel Christian Church of Malaysia (BCCM), Evangelical Lutheran Church in Malaysia (ELCM), Lutheran Church in Malaysia (LCM)
- Seminari Theoloji Malaysia (STM)
- Seminari Theologi Sabah (Seminary) (STS)
- Lutheran Church of Myanmar (LCM)
- Myanmar Lutheran Church (MLC)
- Mara Evangelical Church (MEC)
- Lutheran Bethlehem Church (LBC)
PAPUA NEW GUINEA
- Evangelical Lutheran Church of Papua New Guinea (ELC-PNG)
- Lutheran Church in Singapore (LCS)
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in Thailand (ELCT)
- Luther Seminary Thailand (LST)
- Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Mission (FELM)
- Mission Eine Welt Evangelical Lutheran Church of Bavaria (ELCB)
- Nordkirche (formerly NMZ), also known as the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Northern Germany Leipzig Lutheran Mission Department for World Mission
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA)
- Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LC-MS)
LUTHERAN WORLD FEDERATION (LWF)
- The largest grouping of Lutheran churches in the world. Most of the Lutheran churches in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean and North America are members of the Lutheran World Federation
MEKONG MISSION FORUM (MMF)
- Working through LWF in the Mekong region, which includes Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam
INTERNATIONAL LUTHERAN COUNCIL (ILC)
- An association of confessional Lutheran churches in various parts of the world
- Lutheran Church-Canada (LCC)
- Kinki Evangelical Lutheran Church (KELC)
Read some stories about our partners.